The Vratna monastery is located about 40 km away from the Negotin, at the bottom of the famous Vratna Stone Gates.
Vratna monastery was founded in the XIV century and the part of monastery was built in the 1415th, when the duke Šarban from Struza near Bucharest left the record of rebuilding which was deleted in time, but recorded in 1856 by headmaster Genadije.
In 1813 the monastery was burned, and again renewed in 1817.
Today, it is an active female monastery. Church of the Vratna monastery is dedicated to the Lord’s Ascension (Spasovdan).